Brock University’s Ed Tech Showcase

 Brock University held an Ed Tech Showcase for educators. Being in the Ed Tech cohort I decided to participate in this event. This would be a wonderful opportunity and this would help me teach about technology in my future blocks. .

My group and I decided to do gamification in the classroom using the Kinect X-Box. At first I was a bit hesitant because bringing a video game into a classroom almost sounds ridiculous, but I shocked myself and found that is it very useful in the classroom. Some schools are already using the Kinect. They use it mostly for special needs students. It is a get way for students to get engaged. I also found that high schools and universities are cracking the X-Box Kinect and using it for advanced math. 

On showcase day, I was extremely nervous! Principals, vice-principals, board members and teachers were attending, so I had to make sure I impressed. I found that everyone enjoyed playing with the games. While playing the games, I explained how they could incorporate my game (Kinect Adventure) in their classroom across the curriculum. Many participants loved the idea and some were hesitant but all told me that they could see the X-Box Kinect in the future in classrooms. That is one step closer for bringing new technologies in schools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment